Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Pre-Google I/O Mini Gadget Hack **Featuring Hack Judges Arrington, Smarr and Lee**
Monday, May 9, 2011 from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, CA
Join Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Evernote, WebEx, DropBox, Yammer, and Yelp - and give your company a prime spot in the inbox, where users spend 30%+ per day. Xobni just announced a new platform, making it easy for you to build an Open Social gadget that will run in Outlook and Google Apps.
That's right, build once, deploy twice. To see the full list of existing gadgets, go to www.xobni.com/gadgets.
Join the fun, build your gadget and drive more engagement and visibility with your brand (see details below). And Bonus: selected developers will be asked to present their hacks at the event and judged by our celebrity guests: Michael Arrington, David Lee and Joseph Smarr.
2:00 - 2:30 pm
- Kick off of event
- Quick demos from Evernote, Yammer, Sheepdog (JIRA gadget) and Hoovers.
- Prizes and rules
2:30 - 5:00 pm
- Hack, beer, pizza, jams, good peeps. Xobni engineers will be available to assist with your hack.
5:00 - 6:00 pm
- Hack Demos
- Feedback from judges Michael Arrington, David Lee and Joseph Smarr
- Winners selected/announced
More details (updated Friday 5/6/2011):
We know that four hours during an event is not much time to create the Xobni gadget of your dreams, so start your hacks now! You’ve got from now until 5pm on May 9, when presentations begin to the panel of superstar judges.
Here’s some other info that might be helpful for your hack:
- Check out http://www.xobni.com/developer to get started. Set up your developer account, log in to Xobni for Outlook, and add your own gadget and test it out. Hacks can be anything from very useful to super silly. Have fun; make us laugh, make us cry, make us feel like we can better leverage collaboration methodologies and paradigms – whatever you want. It’s a hack – anything goes.
- There are two flavors of
- The sidebar gadget is usually focused on people or companies, and lives in the Xobni Sidebar. Current gadgets like this include our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn integrations.
- The message body gadget is usually focused on information in a message, and can be shown or hidden based on information in the message. Existing examples include our YouTube, Flickr, and Yelp gadgets (example).
- Best Overall Gadget: $500 or XOOM Tablet
- Most Creative: $250
- Most Useful: $250
- Crowd Favorite: $250
- Best Use of Box APIs: $250
- All people entering a gadget for the contest will get goodie bag from Xobni and partners.
Hack Presentation Details:
- The projector for judging is 1024x768 resolution
- You can use your own computer to present, or just add your gadget to our shared Windows / Outlook computer.
- We’ll have most standard video inputs available (VGA, DVI); bring an adapter for any specialized ports
- Each presentation will be limited to 2 minutes total
- We plan on recording demos and will be compiling a highlights video
Tweet #xobnihack as you go along the way and on the day of the event.
Ready.. set... go!
When & Where
Xobni's mission is to be your personal relationship hub - the place to find everything about all your contacts - their info, your recent communications, and updates from their social profiles.